Wednesday 17 February 2016

Oreo Cupcake Recipe!

0

Hi everyone! It's time for my first ever recipe post! I made these scrumptious cupcakes a while ago (the picture below is taken from the page I got the recipe from) but since my laptop was out of action (click here) I could not post the recipe, sorry about that!

Anyway, I found this recipe, along with many others, on one of my go-to cooking/baking websites-BBC Good Food. They have recipes by famous cooks like Paul Hollywood, Mary Berry... as well as from the public of Great Britain! This recipe, was posted by a member of the website (I will post a link to the original recipe at the end of the post) so I will not be taking any credit for the recipe itself. I used the exact quantities of ingredients that the recipe suggested but I got more like 18/20 cupcakes than the 12 that the recipe said would be made.
This is quite a quick and simple bake that only took me about 35 minutes to do! So, without further ado, here's the list of ingredients and the method needed to make these delicious Oreo cupcakes with hidden surprises at the bottom!

For the cakes;                              For the Frosting;
200g Plain Flour                          100g Unsalted Butter
40g Cocoa Powder                      160g Cream Cheese (Philadelphia etc.)
280g Caster Sugar                       350g Icing Sugar
3tsp Baking Powder.                   6 Oreos (you may need more to decorate)
A Pinch of Salt
80g Unsalted Butter
240ml Whole Milk
2 Eggs
1/2tsp Vanilla Extract
12+ Oreos
12+ Cupcake Cases

Method:
1) Preheat the oven to 170C/160 fan. Line a cupcake tray with 12 cupcake cases (you may need more than this though). Twist 12 (or however many required) Oreos to separate them so that 1 part is plain biscuit and the other half has the cream, you may need to scrape any remaining cream off of the 'plain' biscuit and put it onto the 'creamy' one. By this time, the 'plain biscuit' halves that I had, had disappeared into a magical place commonly known as my stomach! But make sure to place the half with cream into the bottom of each cupcake case.
2) Put the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and butter into a large bowl and mix until you get a sandy consistency and everything is combined.
3) Whisk the milk, eggs and vanilla extract in a separate jug then slowly add half into the mixture and beat well to get rid of any lumps and bumps. Then gradually mix in the rest of the milk mixture until you get a smooth consistency.
4) Evenly, pour this mixture into the paper cases so that they are about two-thirds full.
5) Bake the cakes in the oven for 20-25 minutes. You may want to check on them after 15 minutes though as mine were almost done by this time.
6) Whilst the cakes are cooking, smash up 6 Oreos in a bag and set aside.
7) Whisk the butter, cream cheese and icing sugar until light and fluffy. Then, gently fold in the Oreo crumbs that you recently smashed.
8) Once the cakes have cooled, decorate with the frosting. The recipe recommends you pipe the icing but I found the that the icing was to thick to I just spooned it on and spread it across the cakes with a palette knife but you can do it however you like! I didn't, but if you have any leftover Oreos, you can use them to decorate your soon to be gone cupcakes!
Click here for the link to the original recipe on the BBC Good Food website.

I really hope that you try baking these cupcakes as they are sure to turn out a treat! They are especially good for any Oreo lovers out there or if you love a good chocolate sponge but want to switch it up a bit!
Comment below if you have tried baking these cupcakes or any other recipes on the Good Food website! I would also love to know any ideas you might have for future bakes/recipes that you would like me to try / post a blog about!
Thank you for reading!
Bye for now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment