Friday 19 February 2016

Rose Jam vs. Snow Fairy - Lush Review

0

I realised that so far in my 'Lush According To Me' series, I have reviewed two bubble bars (Candy Mountain and 5 Gold Rings) and two bath bombs (Shoot for the Stars and Twilight) so I decided that it was time to add something a bit different into the mix - shower gels.

Hence the title, you lucky readers will be getting not just one review, but two! Anyway, let's begin...
*suspenseful music begins*
It all started when Lush released two shower gels for winter. Both were pink and sweet smelling, but this was where the similarities ended. These shower gels were prepared for battle! It would be a fight between floral and sugary, snow and rose, fairy and jam-who would conquer, who would rise and, most importantly *record scratches* which shower gel is best?

We'll start with snow fairy. If you've read my review on Candy Mountain, you will know that it has the same sweet, candyfloss scent as this product. Like Candy Mountain, this shower gel also has glitter in, and, as I mentioned before, is pink. I like this shower gel as I am fond of all of the Snow Fairy scented products that Lush has to offer. I am not madly in love with it as it can be quite overpowering, but, I think that it is perfect for a morning shower as it will definitely wake you up!

Onto Rose Jam, this shower gel is quite sweet but has more of a floral scent than a sugary one. This makes it very unique and is perfect for any lovers of flowery scents that are looking for a shower gel to come back to time and time again! 
The prices for the shower gels are;
       
          Snow Fairy    Rose Jam
100g:    £3.95             £4.95
250g:    £7.95             £9.75
500g:   £12.75           £16.50
1kg:     £21.50.          £27.95

Bin Them or Bag Them?
Personally, I would bag them both, but, if I had to choose one then it would probably be Rose Jam. They both look good enough to eat but the scent of Snow Fairy is just too sweet for me. Rose  Jam might be slightly more expensive and have no glitter, but I think it's worth it! 
They both will definitely be going on my Christmas list this year, unfortunately I can't stock up any earlier as they are both only released during the Winter season.
It's not just up to me though! What do you think? Have you tried any of these products before? Which one do you prefer? Comment below, I would love to hear your opinions!
Thanks for reading,
Bye for now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment